Monday, February 4, 2013

Introducing James Terry

By now anybody who reads this blog knows that we welcomed James Terry into our family on January 4th at 7:34pm weighing in at 8lbs. 11oz. and 22 inches long. Who knew I would have a 22 inch baby! He definitely didn't get that from my side. He is the spitting image of his father. Hold up their baby pictures together and you can barely tell the difference. Today he is one month old! Here's a review of his first month.

We had lots of hospital visitors and were so happy to introduce him.
Grandmas 

 Grandpa

Aunt Audra and Cousin Benjamin

Great Uncle Den

Great Aunt Julee

Friends Gary and Sandy

Friends Jen and Derek

First girlfriend Georgia Rae

1st Week Home
Both dogs have taken to him very well. I think they'll be good friends and protectors.

He didn't love his first bath but since then has grown to like it. Dad is an excellent bath giver and gets him in and out fast.
We had more visitors at home the first week.

Great Grandma and Grandpa Morris
Aunt Katie

Uncle Ryan (Cousin Carter came to visit too but he was not that impressed with yet. I'm sure he'll come around as he gets older)
  
Cousin Jack and Kenzi

Cousin (Uncle) Jon

Great Aunt Jeanne (BooBoo)

Cousin (Uncle) Adam

Two Weeks Old

One Month Old

I can't believe one month has gone by already! We feel so blessed to have a healthy little man. We've learned a lot from James and about him. Here's my top ten lessons from the month.

10.He'll only sleep at night in his swing.
9.Allow at least an extra hour if you plan on leaving the house.
8.His absolute favorite place to sleep is on your chest.
7.He's cute even when he cries. 
6.Grandmas can be your savior.
5.Work quickly while he's sleeping because he could wake at any time.
4.Housework isn't that important.
3.Patience is key.
2.Cuddling provides for the most precious moments.
1.Love at first sight is possible.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post, Mo!!! I can't get over the one month pictures...he has changed so much. Looking like such a big boy! Wish I could run over for a quick snuggle!! Love to him and you and Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your top 10 post. Can't wait to meet James. Hopefully this same time next month :)

    ReplyDelete