Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Who doesn't like the Clay County Fair?

Apparently, there are some people that aren't big fans. They think it causes to much traffic, they don't like the noise at night or the fair is boring. Well, I am not one of those people. What's not to like? There's great people watching, all the junk food I love gathered in one place, tons of stuff to buy I don't really need, it brings concerts to Spencer and friends and family come around to join in the festivities.
Saturday I strolled around with Karen and Jeanne for a while. We shopped our way through the commercial buildings, made one pass down midway and stopped to play a game. Jeanne won a lovely pair of fuzzy red dice.

Of course you have to stop and say hi to your friendly Wyffels dealers. It also made for a good headquarters, somewhere to take a load off and sit in the shade.


There are lots of small shows to watch during the day. I checked out the dog show. This guy takes in strays and teaches them to do various tricks. I'm not sure how he taught this dog to do it but he climbed all the way up the ladder contraption with a set of paws on each side.



One evening Matt and I went to the fair for supper. We just wandered around from stand to stand picking what we wanted to eat next.
The Menu
Pork Tenderloin
Deep Fried Ravioli
Tom Thumb Mini Donuts
Chinese Egg Roll
Chocolate Shake
Dr. Pepper
Also during the week we saw Bill Engvall. Very funny! Typically the fair has country singers and it was nice to see a different kind of attraction. So, we'll be going back next year for more fun and definitely more junk food.

3 comments:

  1. Its the first time in years that we missed the fair and so I am glad you could update us on it! It definitely is something you miss when you are used to going every year even if it is some of the same things its fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post! Although, that menu sounds like a gut bomb!
    Can't wait to see you next week!!!!
    xo,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you abandoned your blog????

    ReplyDelete